Saturday 18 January 2014

My Peppa Pig Cake

Today I have something a little different for you, This week I have been stuck in with not just poorly children but a very poorly cat too so no adventures out.
When my daughter is really bad, she sleeps on the spare bed in the office as it's one less floor to climb. This restricts access to my main computer and all my photos as I don't like to disturb her so today, all my photos are from my phone. 
I would like to share some photos of a cake I made over the Christmas holidays for my lovely Great Nephews 2nd birthday. When my niece first mentioned that my Great Nephew loved Peppa Pig, I have to admit I had to google it. Good old google, you can find everything on there. What would we do without it :) 
There was a time when I would have known all the young children's programmes but as mine are all teenagers now, I have lost touch with all that that these days. After a little research I got started on my first character.


I wasn't sure at this point what the cake was going to be like. I really was making it up as I went along. The problem with me is that I never know when to stop and to be honest, I enjoy creating cakes, I find it relaxing. Before I knew it, I had the whole family :)


But then I didn't stop and made a few more characters and the house.


The next day I baked the cake and started to put it all together...Still making it up as I went along. I couldn't think what to put on the top of the cake and now with having too many characters and a house , I thought it best to put them around the cake rather than on top of it. After a little more research, I noticed a big Sun in most of the pictures of Peppa pig along with colourful trees and bright blue skies so I worked with that.

This is how it ended up, My Peppa Pig Cake and yes I did make it on a chopping board as I didn't have a cake board big enough ...well I am a firm believer in using what you have :)





I had also thought to make the cake a little different and with Peppa Pig being so colourful, had a little extra surprise for my Great Nephew on the inside.


For my other creations which again I made up as I went along, as you do :) here is a link. if you would like to see them.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jana, what a beautiful cake! Gorgeous photos, it looks delicious as well. What a lucky little boy to receive this! He must have been so excited! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julia :)
    His face was a picture when he saw the cake, a very happy little boy x

    ReplyDelete